Produced by Justin Anderson
Directed & Choreographed by Robert “Nation” Boothe
Co-Music Directed by Ken Smith & Jessica Sanzotti
Auditions are Sunday, August 13th and Monday, August 14th at 7:00pm at the William A. Lehnerd Performance Hall & Production Center in Butler Memorial Park. Everyone is welcome and warmly encouraged to schedule an audition. If you are interested in being part of the ensemble or contributing to this production behind the scenes, please contact us at Auditions.MTG@gmail.com.
Please complete this form to schedule your audition. Participants must prepare a 32 bar vocal selection from 9 to 5 The Musical. There will also be a cold reading at all in-person auditions. Please bring printed music/tracks for your selection – an accompanist will be provided. We will be in touch to confirm your audition appointment by Friday, August 11th. Video auditions may be submitted to Auditions.MTG@gmail.com until noon on August 14th. If you choose to submit a video audition, please include a vocal selection from 9 to 5 The Musical, a short reading of your choice, and your schedule conflicts. Callbacks are in-person Thursday, August 17th at 7:00pm. Additional details will be provided when you are called.
Production dates are October 13, 14 & 15; Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 3:00pm.
Rehearsals are dependent on cast and production staff availability.
CLICK HERE to Schedule an Audition
9 to 5 The Musical, with music and lyrics by Dolly Parton and book by Patricia Resnick, is based on the seminal 1980 hit movie. Set in the late 1970s. this hilarious story of friendship and revenge in the Rolodex era is outrageous, thought-provoking and even a little romantic.
Pushed to the boiling point, three female coworkers concoct a plan to get even with the sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot they call their boss. In a hilarious turn of events, Violet, Judy and Doralee live out their wildest fantasy – giving their boss the boot! While Hart remains “otherwise engaged,” the women give their workplace a dream makeover, taking control of the company that had always kept them down. Hey, a girl can scheme, can’t she?
- 9 to 5
- Around Here
- Back To Work!
- Here For You
- I Just Might
- Backwoods Barbie
- Heart to Hart
- Dance O’ Death
- Cowgirl’s Revenge
- Potion Notion
- Joy to the Girls
- Shine Like the Sun
- One of the Boys
- 5 to 9
- Change It
- Let Love Grow
- Get out and Stay Out
- Finale: 9 to 5
These descriptions are suggestions provided by MTI. This production calls for eight roles plus ensemble.
- Violet: The company’s Head Secretary and Mr. Hart’s Administrative Assistant, she is a single mother and typically stands up for what she believes in. Attractive, strong, ambitious. Gender: Female; Age: 40 to 50; Vocal range: D5 – F3
- Doralee: A young, sexy spitfire who works at Mr. Hart’s office. She is proof that there is more to a woman than just her looks. Gender: Female; Age: 20 to 30; Vocal range: E5 – G3
- Judy: The “new” girl at the firm, she has been burned by her husband’s affair and is searching for personal empowerment. Insecure, determined, and hopeful. Gender: Female; Age: 30 to 35; Vocal range: F5 – Ab3
- Franklin Hart: One of the firm’s executives and a notorious chauvinist. He is capable of faking charm but usually shows his true colors as an arrogant, self-absorbed boss. Gender: Male; Age: 45 to 50; Vocal range: Gb4 – C3
- Roz Keith: The attentive office gossip queen and snitch. She has an unrequited love for Mr. Hart and will do anything she can to win his approval. Gender: Female; Age: 35 to 45; Vocal range: C5 – G3
- Joe: A handsome, young office accountant. Genuine and nice, and smitten with Violet. Gender: Male; Age: 25 to 35; Vocal range: G4 – B2
- Dwayne: Doralee’s attractive husband. He is very supportive of her professional pursuits. Gender: Male; Age: 25 to 30; Vocal range: G4 – E2
- Josh: Violet’s awkward teenage son. Gender: Male; Age: 15 to 18
- Missy: Franklin Hart’s wife, clueless to her husband’s true nature. Gender: Female; Age: 20 to 35
- Maria: A young and vibrant secretary in Hart’s office. Gender: Female; Age: 20 to 30; Vocal range: D5 – F4
- Dick: Judy’s soon-to-be ex-husband. An average guy, he is sporting a little less hair and a little more paunch than he did ten years ago. Gender: Male; Age: 35 to 45
- Kathy: A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to gossip. Gender: Female; Age: 30 to 40; Vocal range: D5 – G4
- Margaret: A secretary in Hart’s office with a tendency to drink. Gender: Female; Age: 30 to 40
- Tinsworthy: Franklin Hart’s boss and Chariman of the Board. A good man, who may be wiser to Hart’s ways than he lets on. Gender: Male; Age: 50 to 65
- Ensemble: Office employees, police officers, hospital employees.